Process Chemist/Engineer, Production Science & Technology
Moderna Therapeutics is seeking a Process Chemist or Engineer to join the Production Science and Technology team for a position based at their Norwood, MA site. The candidate will work closely with members of the operating teams to characterize and develop chemical and enzymatic transformation elements of the mRNA synthesis process within Pre-Clinical Production. The candidate will collaborate with process development, process innovation, and analytics teams to qualify, and implement improvements to methods of mRNA synthesis. Specifically, the candidate will work to develop and define synthesis strategies for mRNA that are robust and amenable to automation. The candidate will report to the Associate Director of Production Science and Technology.
- Lead and execute development projects to define, characterize, develop mRNA synthetic and enzymatic transformations amenable to implementation into Pre-Clinical Production procedures
- Assist in development of analytical methods to advance mRNA construct analysis and production process performance
- Contribute to development, and optimization of RNA purification methodologies
- Identify potential improvements unit operations to improve robustness, cycle time, throughput, and cost while maintaining product quality
- Assist implementation of novel process solutions into production
- Identify automation opportunities and co-develop solutions with the automation group
- Cross-functional communication with other innovation, development, and analytics groups.
- PhD/MS in Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemistry or related discipline with 4+ years industrial experience
- 2+ years of experience developing enzymatic synthesis processes in a production environment
- Significant experience qualifying process and analysis methods
- Expertise authoring and executing development plans and reports
- Ability to work in team settings
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.