Teacher Industrial Engineering and Management (1.0 fte)
- development and teaching of IEM research and design methods to conduct IEM design assignments
- initiate, develop and provide education on the management of large-scale projects in IEM design processes, in close cooperation with the other members of the IEM Design Group
- supervise bachelor and master's thesis work; the candidate is expected to participate in the supervision of Master's Design Projects, in which students work 5 months on an external industry based design assignment
- contribute to nationally and internationally oriented projects in developing knowledge on (teaching) engineering design methods.
• preferably a PhD degree in a relevant IEM- or Natural Sciences related field
• experience with working on science and technical engineering subjects, preferably 2-5 years of experience in an educational/industrial setting
• affinity with project management, team work and (ethical) considerations
• develop education in a multidisciplinary setting: able to apply knowledge and skills from both the social/managerial sciences and mathematical/natural sciences
• experience in working with large groups, preferably in an educational setting
• excellent didactic qualities and awareness of and willingness to use the latest innovations in teaching; the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or willingness to acquire it
• fluency in English and fluency in or the willingness to learn Dutch.
Specially invited are candidates with a strong affinity to designing. A background in Industrial Design or other design disciplines may be suited as well.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and