Assistant Professor in Technology and Operations Management or in Technological Innovation, Entre...
As part of its expansion, Science Based Business (SBB) at the University of Leiden's Faculty of Science is recruiting an Assistant Professor to take the lead in the development of new research in the field of Technology and Operations Management or in the field of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management, and to take charge of the Business Research Methods, and the SBB Internship/Research Project modules.
- Produce impactful, quality research in international top journals;
- Forge collaborations with colleagues from across different institutes that make up the Faculty of Science, the Leiden University Medical School, as well as industry partners at the Leiden BioScience park and beyond;
- Provide leadership to the development of a new research methods course for students of the Leiden Faculty of Science, and the Leiden University Medical School, who are enrolled in the SBB specialisation;
- Coordinate and oversee the academic component of the internship projects of master students enrolled in the SBB specialisation.
- Have a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the field of technology and operations management or in the field of technological innovation, entrepreneurship, and strategic management with a focus on publishing articles in top journals;
- Have completed a doctoral degree in Technology and Operations Management, in Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management, or a related field by the time she/he assumes the position;
- Show a clear affinity with the multidisciplinary mission of Science Based Business that bridges scholarship and practice in management on the one hand, and the natural and biomedical sciences on the other hand;
- Have the leadership skills required to forge relationships with key stakeholders groups inside and outside the university, and push forward the new research and teaching initiatives tied to SBB;
- Be excited to teach management subjects to undergraduate and/or postgraduate students with backgrounds in the sciences and biomedicine.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and