Postdoc Research Associate
Postdoc Research Associate
Dr. Kommagani’s research is primarily focused on understanding the cellular, biochemical, and molecular mechanisms that underlie reproductive tract physiology and pathophysiologies. Successful applicants will utilize established mouse models of functional genomics, and epigenomics to address important questions concerning nuclear receptor and coregulator functions in normal physiological processes and disease states, such as endometriosis and ovarian cancer. Candidate will also participate in translational efforts in this area.
A cover letter, CV, and a brief statement describing prior research and future goals should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Trains under the supervision of a faculty mentor including (but not limited to):
- Manages their own project, which should lead to a first author publication.
- Develops proficiency in their chosen scientific discipline/field.
- Develops proficiency in their technical skills.
- Develops proficiency in their ancillary skills, e.g. writing, public speaking, networking, critical evaluation of scientific documents, etc.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the University.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Assists in the design of research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and assists in the reporting of the results.
- Conscientious discharge of their research responsibilities.
- Maintain conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Maintain compliance with good laboratory practice including the maintenance of adequate research records.
- Engage in open and timely discussion with their mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adherence to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations. All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in University laboratories remain the property of the University.
The appointee has earned a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree. Candidates that are 1-2 years past their doctoral degree are strongly preferred.
- Candidates with a strong background in cell and molecular biology, tissue culture and experienced with handling and using rodent models are strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard lab equipment.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking are crucial for success in this role.
- Ability to learn fast and communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques including DNA, RNA, protein isolation and purification; PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Immunoblot, ELISA.
- Experience with immuno histochemistry; experience working with frozen and paraffin embedded tissue.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for Postdoc Research Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly