Specialist Sustainable Land Management
ISRIC produces high quality soil information products at global and national scale and has a long and solid reputation in the field of land degradation (LD) and sustainable land management (SLM). In order to expand the use of this soil information in the field of sustainable land management we are looking for a specialist in Sustainable Land Management with experience in data management and spatial information. Major duties are to:
- develop spatial information products on land degradation and sustainable land management together with users and clients (such as scientists, policy makers, private sector and actors in the agricultural sector);
- actively engage with users and clients, to clarify their needs and engage in a co-production process to develop the mentioned products;
- develop these products with ISRIC mapping specialists integrating the soil information products developed by ISRIC;
- maintain an effective network with scientists, policy makers and practitioners in the field of sustainable land management around the globe.
The successful candidate by preference has:
- at least an MSc degree in e.g. physical geography, agronomy, soil science. Although we are not looking for a scientific researcher, a scientific track record in LD & SLM is an asset.
- significant experience (> 7 years) in land degradation and sustainable land management studies at national, regional and global scales; proven track record of international projects in land degradation and sustainable land management;
- affinity with and experience in spatial mapping techniques, preferably in the context of land degradation and/or sustainable land management;
- a relevant and active international network;
- strong personality with ability to effectively engage with users and clients;
- good command of English and preferably more international languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese)
- willingness to travel frequently when needed
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and