Professor of Applied Statistics
We are looking for someone who has an excellent track record of publications in the international journals and who we judge likely to continue doing so. Ability in the coming years to publish a significant number of articles in journals on the list of the ABS, including at the A* level, is essential. The new professor will participate in the research programme in industrial statistics and branch out to other areas within the school and the university (Operations Management, Quantitative Marketing, Econometrics, Business Analytics, Big Data). We expect the new professor to collaborate in research with other members of the section. In particular we hope that he/she will stimulate research by junior members of the staff. The new professor is required to be integrated into international research networks. This means international co-authors, stays at international universities, presentations at international conferences, and obtaining international research funding.
The new professor should have wide teaching experience, have obtained good results, and be experienced in the design and implementation of new courses. We are especially looking for somebody who can teach in the various executive (post-graduate) programmes, such as the MBA Big Data, the MSc Econometrics (Big Data track) and our various MSc programmes in business/management and finance. Furthermore, the candidate should be able to run courses in executive education, like Lean Six Sigma Black Belt courses.
Finally, we expect that the new professor takes on substantial managerial tasks, such as the directorships of one or more post-graduate programmes or similar.
The new professor:
- has a PhD in Statistics;
- has publications in leading international journals;
- has evidence of international leadership in his/her research field;
- has experience in the successful supervision of PhD candidates;
- has experience in designing and implementing new courses for students;
- has wide teaching experience, interest in teaching, and excellent teaching evaluations;
- has the capability of initiating and organizing new research;
- has experience in supervising and motivating academic research and the capability of building a strong research group.
- is part of (a) wide (international) network(s) and has the contacts necessary to initiate national and international partnerships, not only with other universities and research institutes but also with business. Is able to liaise and negotiate with partners in multinational corporations.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and