Postdoctoral position in neuroscience-neural engineering
A position is available in the laboratory of Sotiris Masmanidis, in the Department of Neurobiology at UCLA. The postdoc will launch a new effort to design, build, test, and disseminate new technologies aimed at large-scale neural recording. The project involves the integration of state-of-the-art silicon-based multielectrode arrays with optical sensing or optogenetic stimulation modalities. Emphasis will be on rapidly moving technologies from the prototype to “plug-and-play” stage, and widely sharing these tools with the neuroscience community. The postdoc will work in a multidisciplinary team including neuroscientists, engineers, and computer scientists. Applicants should either have graduate training in neuroscience or engineering, with experience in either the development or application of multielectrode arrays for in vivo neural recordings.
To apply, please send your CV, names of two references and a cover letter describing your research interests to Sotiris Masmanidis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Academia Life Sciences jobs in Los Angeles County
- Full Time Academia Neuroscience jobs in Los Angeles County
- Full Time Academia Physical Sciences jobs in Los Angeles County
- Full Time Academia Biomedical Engineering jobs in Los Angeles County
- Full Time Academia Electrical/Electronic Eng jobs in Los Angeles County