Post-doctoral Researcher in Chicago area
A Post-doctoral Researcher is sought to join the Gupta Lab in the Department of Internal Medicine at Rush University Medical Center. The project is to investigate the role of innate immune cells in experimental models of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases and in models of cancer. This position requires a Ph.D or an M.D./Ph.D. in Life sciences with Cell Biology/Immunology background. Prior experience with mammalian cell culture, small animal handling and in vivo disease models, molecular biology techniques is required. Prior experience is also required with some of the following techniques: high-throughput screening, tissue histopathology, cell transfection assays, flow cytometry (FACS), molecular biology (PCR, cloning, plasmid purification, RT-PCR). Candidates must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, efficient and interact well with others as part of a team. The applicant should also demonstrate ability to design and conduct experiments and must possess good organizational skills. Successful candidate must also have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills. Candidates with less than two years of prior post-doctoral experience are preferred.
Lab website is at: http://guptalab.com
Recent relevant publications from the lab:
1. Faridi et al, CD11b activation suppresses TLR-dependent inflammation and autoimmunity in systemic lupus erythematosus, J Clin Invest. 2017, Mar 6.
2. Lee et al, Absence of miR-146a in podocytes increases risk of diabetic glomerulopathy via upregulation of erbb4 and notch-1, J Biol Chem. 2016 Dec 2.
3. Celik et al, Agonist leukadherin-1 increases CD11b/CD18 dependent adhesion via membrane tethers, Biophysical Journal, 2013 Dec, Volume 105, Issue 11, 2517-2527.
4. Maiguel et al, Small molecule-mediated activation of the integrin CD11b/CD18 reduces inflammatory disease, Science Signaling, 2011Sep 6;4(189):ra57.
Please send your resume with names of three references to: Vineet Gupta, Ph.D., Department of Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, 1735 W. Harrison Street, Room 222, Cohn Building, Chicago, IL 60612 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More jobs like this
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Life Sciences jobs in Chicago
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Biomedical Sciences jobs in Chicago
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Cell Biology jobs in Chicago
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Immunology jobs in Chicago
- Healthcare/Hospital Full Time Health Sciences jobs in Chicago