When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is primarily focused on the customer service and inventory management aspects of Managed Services and is embedded on-site at a customer engagement in Indianapolis, IN.
Activities will include the inventory management & material handling aspects of Fisher Scientific's Managed Services core offerings such as: inventory reconciliation, product receiving, stocking, product disbursement, inventory delivery, chemical handling, and other basic inventory management activities. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications in support of various inventory/chemical management and Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Utilizes systems or performs the functions that support various inventory and chemical management programs
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include: inventory counts, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and walk for long distances
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.