As a Research Scientist you are a member of the Product Development Team. The position requires an individual who is focused on excellence, and is an experienced stem cell biologist or biomedical engineer with expertise in the culture and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells (hESC and iPSC) to neural stem cells within a cGMP compliant program.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Design and execute experimental plans that adhere to corporate timelines and present findings to the team
• Establish protocols to optimize product manufacturing for pre-clinical and clinical studies
• Along with the project team, develop translatable protocols for cGMP-compliant manufacturing of human pluripotent stem cell derived neural stem cell products
Essential Job Requirements:
• Advanced degree in developmental biology, or similar field. PhD prefered but Master's Degree with experience in cGMP environment may be considered
• Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation, technical writing and lab notebook documentation
• Extensive and demonstrated experience in hESC and/or iPSC cell culture and differentiation to neural cells
• Experience working in a GLP or cGMP compliant facility is desirable
• Candidates must be able to independently design and execute experiments aligned with project goals and deliver results within specified time frames
• Candidates must be highly organized, possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate drive and initiative.
• Candidates must demonstrate their ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Project planning skills are highly desirable.