Postdoctoral Fellowship Future Science Platforms Probing Biosystems
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Are you an early career researcher?
- Join CSIRO's Future Science Platform
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowships provide scientists and engineers opportunities to launch their careers, extend their professional networks and enhance their career prospects. As a Postdoctoral Fellow with CSIRO’s Future Science Platform Probing Biosystems you will join a multidisciplinary team.
Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Producing quality research in the area of micro-Sensing Technologies.
- Developing a technology roadmap related to micro-devices for Probing Biosystems.
- Designing, simulating, assembling and testing prototype models of new micro-sensor platforms.
- Write technical reports and contribute to research proposals;
- Contribute, as part of an interdisciplinary team, in the analysis of experimental results;
- Supervise graduate students associated to the research program;
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Values, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
- Undertake an appropriate training and development program developed by CSIRO.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Term: 3 years (2 positions available)
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as ASIC-design, microelectronics, MOMS/MEMS and/or embedded systems.
- Demonstrated strong experience in micro-electronics.
- Demonstrated experience in one of the key areas for micro-sensing devices: sensing technologies and micro-transducers, energy harvesting and microwatt energy storage, memory devices, microcontrollers, micro-RFIDs, MEMS and ASIC-design.
- Experience in microcircuit design, modelling and simulation using SPICE, VHDL, Verilog, Simulink, CADENCE or equivalent software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding publication record of reports for industry, peer-review journal papers.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
About Future Science Platforms
Future Science Platforms (FSPs) a multi-year, multi-disciplinary investment in our collective future - bringing CSIRO and our partners together to work on the big ideas. They are critical to turn Australia’s future challenges into opportunities to invent a better future for us all. FSPs are an investment in science that underpins innovation and that has the potential to help reinvent and create new industries for Australia. FSPs will see us grow the capability of new generation of researchers and allow Australia to attract the best students and experts to work with us on future science.
A revolution in healthcare and agriculture through devices and systems to obtain real-time information from living organisms about their health and well-being. This will lead to the ability to provide health and medical interventions that are timely, customised and highly specific.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. Please load one document only, containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Please read this: Position Details
Applications close Thursday 13th April 2017 (11:59pm AEST).