Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Immunology, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) seeks a full-time Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Immunology for its Division of Biomedical Sciences. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Biomedical Sciences, this position contributes to the education of medical students at Marian University. This faculty member will provide instruction on immunology to medical students.
- Participate in the development, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the curriculum.
- Provide a sufficient understanding of concepts and facts related to immunology and infectious disease and immunologic disorders to allow students to establish a fund of knowledge and demonstrate the competencies embodied in the National Board of Medical Examiners Part 1 examination and to proceed into the clinical rotations of the 3rd and 4th years of medical school.
- Supervise and direct active learning by the students in systems courses where immunology or microbiology content is located.
- Participate in curriculum development and build innovative educational programs as part of MU-COM”s ongoing quality improvement.
- Immunology research or other scholarly activity. All areas of immunology are of interest. Applicants in the fields of mucosal immunity, autoimmunity, cancer immunology, transplantation, and infectious disease are encouraged to apply.
- Provide service to the University community and to the College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- May participate in graduate education in the M.S. in Biomedical Science through mentorship of graduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates must have knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution, with a specialty in immunology; post-doctoral training preferred.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report’s list of Midwest Region colleges. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. In 2016, the women’s basketball team won its first NAIA national championship. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 33 national titles.
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter, current CV, three (3) professional references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a statement of research/scholarship process to email@example.com. Applications will be received until the position has been filled. No phone calls please.
Marian University is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Immunology, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly