Electronic System Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Electronic System Engineer.
The Electronic Assembly (EA) group within imec.IC-link is active in the development of high-performance electronic products mainly used as product demonstrators for new ASIC components developed within the imec R&D teams.
Your main tasks are:
- You translate (sometimes fuzzy) customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture.
- Through your broad knowledge of electronics, you assist customers to make technology choices.
- You are responsible for the development of the electronics, from the system design, over the different design phases, to prototype and production phase.
- Your tasks consist of a project tender activity combined with hardware design: components selection, electrical calculations, schematics drawing, layout specifications writing, layout review, lab measurements and prototype debugging.
- You monitor the consistency of the system concept and demands during the project execution phase.
- You work intensely together with the clients (imec or industry) and with the other members of the project team to realize the product.
- For PCB layout, you will work together with external contractors, and control the progress of the layout activities.
- For some smaller projects, you will perform the design and layout activities yourself.
- You have regular external contacts with R&D teams and/or suppliers.
You have a Master's degree in Electronics Engineering. You have strong experience in system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design (CPU, FPGA, SoC, Ethernet, USB, PCI, SerDes,...) preferably with the focus on analog design, low noise, Signal Integrity, high speed data,... You work precise and independently to achieve a high quality ‘First Time Right' product. You can work in an international team. You have good communication skills and speak/write fluently English and Dutch. You have a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience in a similar function. Knowledge of the Application Specific IC development process is a plus. Knowledge of PBA/PCB manufacturability is a plus. Knowledge of Altium Designer is a plus.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and