Senior Analog and RF IC Designer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Analog and RF IC Designer.
The exponentially growing demand for advanced wireless communication and sensing capabilities in future IoT devices drives the industry towards ever more complex integration of analog and mixed-signal functionality in sub-nanometer (28nm and beyond) CMOS systems-on-chip (SoC). We are looking for an experienced analog and RF IC designer who can participate actively in the design of such complex SoCs.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design key analog, mixed signal, RF and/or millimeter-wave functional blocks for future radar and communication SoCs.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog and RF circuit design taking technology scaling and changing device characteristics into account.
- Design state-of-the-art innovative circuits for future radar and communication SoCs.
- Take part in the design of multi-disciplinary aspects like the implementation of mixed-signal system loops such as AGC and CFO and other calibration loops.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog and RF IC design or equivalent through experience. You have at least 5 years of analog and RF IC design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology (40nm, 28nm).
You are familiar with the implementation of wireless communication and/or radar circuits. Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus. Experience in MM-wave (40nm, 28nm) and/or mixed-signal design CMOS design is a strong plus.
You have solid understanding from solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, up to transceiver architectures. You are familiar with highly-digitally assisted RF/analog system is a plus.
You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields. You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely. You can easily integrate in an international team.
Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and