Director, Rutgers University Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM)
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM)
Rutgers University announces a national search for the Director of the Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine. (www3.cabm.rutgers.edu)
Qualified candidates will be creative and visionary scientific leaders of international stature, with a history of innovative research and discovery in the basic biomedical sciences, with a track record of building interdisciplinary academic research in a highly collaborative environment. The successful candidate will lead a new phase of growth for the CABM and its interactions and collaborations across Rutgers University.
The Director will work to build a team of collaborative investigators and will lead all aspects of discovery research activities. This person will collaborate closely with CABM’s key administrative and scientific staff to develop a comprehensive research strategy and guide the future direction of CABM’s portfolio of research in conjunction with Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences’ strategic plan. (http://rbhs.rutgers.edu)
Founded in 1986, the Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM) at Rutgers has developed into a premier basic science research institute. CABM scientists include scientific leaders in structural, molecular and cellular biology, and have made major discoveries in a range of fields spanning protein structure and function, structural genomics, virology and molecular microbiology, genetic diseases, developmental biology, and cancer biology. CABM has served as a bridge for outstanding research and teaching activities between the Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences and other units of the Rutgers Piscataway and New Brunswick campuses, including the Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering. With its state-of-the-art research facilities and cores, the beautiful CABM building also hosts a rich and vibrant environment for research training programs for postdoctoral fellows and graduate and undergraduate students.
- The Director of CABM will be responsible for developing and implementing a vision for the future scientific growth of CABM and the recruitment of a new generation of outstanding and highly interactive faculty.
- The Director will foster the development of new collaborations between CABM and other Rutgers faculty including identifying novel basic and translational research opportunities and developing new collaborative grant opportunities, and will identify new funding sources to support CABM research.
- The Director reports to the Chancellor of Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences (RBHS) and works closely with the Deans of the Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences as well as the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy and the Rutgers School of Engineering in the recruitment of joint faculty and implementation of joint research and educational activities.
- Candidates for this position will hold a PhD, MD/PhD or MD degree and meet the standards for appointment as a tenured full Professor.
- The successful candidate will have an outstanding record of scientific discovery and a clear vision of future directions in biomedical research, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and a commitment to fostering excellence in scientific research and research training.
- A track record of substantial NIH funding and experience in fundraising is strongly encouraged.
- The Director will have a faculty appointment in a department that is consistent with her/his scientific interests and expertise.
Korn Ferry is assisting Rutgers University with this important search. The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled.
Please direct all nominations and applications via email to: email@example.com.
Korn Ferry International
Rutgers University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University actively encourages applications and nominations for employment regardless of the applicant’s race, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or affectional or sexual orientation. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion.
Apply for Director, Rutgers University Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine (CABM)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly