Director of a New Research Unit
- Life Sciences, ADME-TOX, Agricultural Science, Analytical Chemistry, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Botany/Plant Science, Cancer Research, Cell Biology, Computational Biology, Developmental Biology, Ecology, Endocrinology, Environmental Science, Epigenetics, Genetics, Genomics, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Organismal Biology, Other Life Science, Pharmacology, Physiology, Proteomics, Stem Cells, Structural Biology, Veterinary Medicine, Virology, Zoology, Physical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Condensed Matter Physics, Electrical/Electronic Eng, Engineering, Geology/Soil Sci/Geography, Geoscience, Informatics, Information Technology, Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Optics & Laser Physics, Organic Chemistry, Other Chemistry, Other Earth Science, Other Engineering, Other Physics, Particle Physics, Physics, Polymer Science, Renewable Energy, Signal Transduction, Statistics, Synthetic/Comput Chem., Health Sciences, AIDS/HIV, Cardiovascular, Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Drug Development, Drug Discovery, Gerontology/Aging, Healthcare, Medical Engineering, Medical/Pharma Chem, Medicine, Nutrition, Pathology, Personalized Medicine, Preclinical Development, Psychiatry/Psychology, Public Health, Regenerative Medicine, Toxicology, Translational Research, Vaccine Research
The International Research Agendas Programme (IRAP) is an EU-funded project aimed at creating world-class centres of excellence in Poland, autonomous and specialized in a well-defined field. The project is implemented by the Foundation for Polish Science, the largest non-profit organization in Poland dedicated solely to the development of science.
The Foundation is seeking applicants to become the first DIRECTORS of the centres of excellence, responsible for implementation of an original research agenda.
A successful application will involve a co-applicant responsible for setting up the institution and support from local infrastructure. Cooperation with a leading international centre in the field is required.
What you can get:
- An independent leadership position
- The opportunity to hire the best staff
- A budget of more than EUR 8 million for 5 to 7 research teams for 5 years, with the possibility of extension
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible contract (part-time employment).
The ideal applicant will be:
- An experienced or highly experienced scientist with an international reputation for innovative applied research
- Committed to excellence
- A visionary leader with well-developed managerial skills.
The funding is offered through a competition applying a strict international peer-review procedure.
Upcoming application deadlines: 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018.
Read more: www.fnp.org.pl/en/guide/; call: +48 22 845 9546; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IRA programme is funded under axis IV of the Smart Growth Operational Programme, Measure 4.3.