Sales Representative 2
Our Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged in pharmaceutical, biomedical, chemical, and other fields of research and development, as well as quality assurance labs such as in food and environmental testing. The Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Researches competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data into the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing and negotiates within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I's) - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.