WUT International Young Scholars Forum
Wuhan University of Technology
sincerely invite young talents from home and abroad to the First WUT International Young Scholars Forum
WUT International Forum for Young Scholars aims at gathering outstanding scholars from home and abroad in Wuhan—the River City to promote exchange between talented young scholars and cooperation between different fields of research and actively push forward the strategy of constructing the world first-class disciplines and a world first-class university.
II. Basic Qualifications (Meet one of the following four)
1. Outstanding young scholars under the age of 40, shall possess a PHD degree granted by prestigious universities at home and abroad, have at least two years’ work experience abroad (those who possessed a PHD degree from abroad with exceptional academic achievements may be exempt from the work experience requirement), and hold formal teaching and researching positions in overseas prestigious universities, institutions or enterprises.
2. Selected ones of National One Thousand Youth Talents Program, National Support Program for Top-notch Young Talents, Cheung Kong Youth Scholars Program, Excellent young scientist fund of NSFC，Candidate entering the review meeting of One Thousand Youth Talents Program.
3. Highly Cited Researchers (released by Thomson Reuters) or Most Cited Chinese Researchers(Elsevier).
4. Applicants have obtained doctorate degree(s) or have Postdoctoral experience in world Top 100 universities, Age preference is 35 or under, published at least 5 academic papers in top international recognized journals as the first author or corresponding author or published academic papers on Science, Nature or Cell.
III. Disciplines for Academic Positions
Materials Science and Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Instrument Science and Technology, Communication and Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Rural and urban planning, Power engineering and engineering Thermophysics, Mineral Engineering, Safety Science and Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Information and Communication Engineering, Electronics Science and Technology, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Master of Electrical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Bio-medical Engineering, Mechanics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Management Science and Engineering, Science of Business Administration, Applied Economics, Theoretical Economics, Design Science, Arts science theory, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages and Literature, Science of Law, Journalism and Communication, Philosophy, Politics, Marxist Theory, History of Modern China, Education Science, Public Administration, Physical Education.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Download and complete the application form (Application Form of WUT International Forum for Young Scholars) from http://pub2.whut.edu.cn/rshc/show.asp?id=1164
2. Send the form with current Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th, 2017.
3. Qualified applicants will receive an official invitation letter beforeMarch 25th, 2017.
4. The applicants who intend to attend the forum should reply to the confirmation note within a week after receiving the invitation letter.
V. Forum Agenda
1. April 21st, 2017 (Friday) Registration
2. April 22nd, 2017 (Saturday) Opening Ceremony and Invited Speech
3. April 23rd, 2017 (Sunday) Sub-Forums in different fields，campus tour, seminars etc.
4. April 24th, 2017 (Monday) Departure
VI. Travel Reimbursement and Accommodation
Accommodation is free. Please book your flights after you receive our formal invitation. The host will provide the reimbursement of travel expenses (economy class) for all scholars.
We warmly welcome young scholars from home and abroad to gather in WUT.
VII. Contact Information
Contact: Ms. Zhu Fan，Mr. Fang Wei，Mr. Zhao Weifeng
Add: Human Resources Department, Wuhan University of technology No. 122 Luoshi Road, Wuhan, China
Apply for WUT International Young Scholars Forum
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly