Director, Translational Medicine (Pain)
Lexicon is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that is applying a unique approach to gene science, based on Nobel Prize-winning technology, to discover and develop precise medicines for patients with serious, chronic conditions.
Our world class research and development and commercialization teams are located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey and The Woodlands, Texas. Lexicon employees are inspired by the idea that their work can improve patients' lives and we know that our employees are important to the success of our mission. We are dedicated to making Lexicon a great place to work by providing employees with the benefits, services, and programs which will allow them to reach their full potential.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting for an agile, resulted focused very senior level R&D role, Director, Translational Medicine to join our team in Basking Ridge, New Jersey or The Woodlands, Texas.
The Director, Translational Medicine will oversee the transition of our pain drug discoveries into early stage and late stage development program leading to regulatory submission globally and serve as project leader for the lead program and its back-up compounds.
Key Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Designing Proof of Concept studies and full development for pain programs
- Identifying and executing contracts with appropriate CROs
- Managing KOLs and internal stakeholders for pain
- Scientific input and design of studies in therapeutic areas outside of pain
- MD/PhD or Ph.D. or M.D. required, medical licensure in Neurology or Pain is desirable
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ drug development experience
- Direct experience of translational medicine in pain or CNS area, converting discovery candidates to human Proof of Concept studies design and execution
To apply, please visit the careers section of our website: https://lexpharmacareers.silkroad.com/.
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: race, gender, disability and veteran status
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.