Director/Senior Director, Targeted Immunity and Type 1 Diabetes, Immunology and Inflammation Therape
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme.
At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health.
Headquartered in Bridgewater, NJ, Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company dedicated to discovering, developing and distributing therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs.
Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme.
Sanofi US employs approximately 17,000 people across the country all dedicated to protecting health, enhancing life and responding to the hopes and potential healthcare needs of seven billion people around the world.
Commitment is our Strength. Ready to grow together?
Sanofi US endeavors to make our career center accessible to any and all users. If you are experiencing difficulty and need assistance applying online, please call 1-800-207-8049 Option 7, then Option 3.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director/Senior Director, Targeted Immunity and Type 1 Diabetes, Immunology and Inflammation Therapeutic Research
Sanofi is building a world-class human immunology team and is seeking outstanding scientists with significant experience in immunology to help further develop our innovative pipeline in Type-2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type-1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
As a Director/Senior Director of the Targeted Immunity & Type 1 Diabetes Cluster/Department in the Immunology and Inflammation & Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area you will be a scientific innovator, drive scientific excellence and rigor, and develop and advance cutting-edge therapeutics. The Director/Senior Director will manage research teams supported by multidisciplinary platforms and scientists based in the Boston area and around the globe. The Director/Senior Director will identify and validate new targets using a variety of tools, including human immunology, human genomics, human sample analyses, bioinformatics, clinical data, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models, implementing new models and technologies.
The Director/Senior Director will work closely with research and development colleagues to ensure the progression of projects from concept to clinical testing, focusing on developing and validating a strong translational rationale. The Director/Senior Director will have and maintain a leadership position in the immunology research communities, connecting Sanofi scientists with collaborators around the globe. The Director/Senior Director will work closely with the Head of the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area and Scientific Platform Heads to develop and integrate a research strategy within the broader Immunology and Inflammation Strategy, contribute to portfolio review and prioritization, and will be part of the Immunology and Inflammation Leadership Team, together with other Directors/Senior Directors and key business partners.
● Lead a Cluster/Department of scientists responsible for identifying novel targets and pathways to treat immune diseases in the area of autoimmunity; connecting cutting-edge science with unmet medical need.
● Advance the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area strategy by identifying new targets and advancing projects in the current pipeline. Lead scientists experienced in a range of disciplines, from molecular and cell biology, immunology, genetics, and pharmacology, to develop deep mechanistic understanding of disease pathogenesis and confidence in target rationale,
● Lead internally and externally in autoimmune disease research, publishing cutting edge science and developing and maintaining key collaborations around the globe.
● Manage collaborative relationships with project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and with the Sanofi research platform leadership to resource and advance portfolio projects.
● Recruit, retain and develop world-class scientific talent.